Saturday, March 6, 2010

Why can't we all have a Wonderland?


Last week I was lucky enough to be invited to the "Alice in Wonderland" cast and crew screening. Alice in Wonderland is my all time favorite Disney Movie. I loved the original and I loved the new one. The blast of color that came through my 3D glasses made me happy and feel like a kid for 2 hours. Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter just made me feel like my crazy thoughts at any moment in time were like that of a new born babies compared to his.

Throughout the movie I found myself wishing I had a Wonderland to go to. A place to go when times are tough and life is just to confusing. A place that you have made for yourself that no one else really knows about. Just you and your made up animals that can talk. Your happy place. In my head I have exactly what my Wonderland would be like and who would be there. During the 2 hours I was lost in Wonderland at the El Capitan Theater, the big question of the night was "Are you the real Alice, Is this the real Alice?"...and I couldn't help but wonder...am I the real Alice?

2 comments:

  1. One of my aunties was related in some distant way to Lewis Carroll, I think that he would be impressed with this 2010 presentation ! cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, I have to express my huge jealousy right now!!!! Hahaha! But honestly, I think depending on how crazy life can be, we can all have an 'Alice' moment! I think everyone should have their own Wonderland, and how good would it be, if Johnny Depp was in it? Ha! I still sometimes find that speaking to imaginary people is better than talking to real people sometimes; because they never talk back, they are never rude, and they're always honest!

    That was great reading with my cup of fresh harvested Farmville coffee! :)

    ReplyDelete